Upgrading TrainEasy is straightforward. First create a full backup of your installation. Also, if you have created any custom templates or gateways, ensure you copy these to a safe location outside the application and restore them once the upgrade is completed.
Follow these steps to upgrade your installation:
- Extract the contents of the TrainEasy zip archive downloaded from CodeCanyon
- You will see a file called app.zip. Upload this file to the update directory in the root directory of the application. (If you do not see this directory, create it and make it writable)
- Login to your admin backend and go to 'Settings'-'Upgrade'
- Click on the 'Update' button and you are done!
If you do not see the upgrade option (under 'Settings'), then it means you are using an older TrainEasy version that does not support the automatic update feature. You will need to perform a manual update (after which the automatic update feature will be available).
To do so, first create a full backup of your installation. Next, copy the following files and folders to a safe location (outside the application root):
- storage/installed (file)
- .env (file)
- public/uploads (folder)
- public/usermedia (folder)
- public/uservideo (folder)
Also, if you have created
any custom templates or gateways, make sure you copy these away to a
safe location as
Next download the updated application from your CodeCanyon account and extract it's contents. Upload the app.zip file into your application root directory. Extract the app.zip file. Once you have done this, copy all the files and folders listed above back to their original locations.
Finally, open your terminal, change to the application root directory and run the following command:
php artisan migrate
Note to version 2 users
If you are using the older version of TrainEasy i.e. the version that runs on Zend Framework, please note that you will not be able to upgrade from that version to this new version. This is because the new version runs on the Laravel framework and is hence not backwards compatible. You will need to install the application afresh and setup your new installation